Friday, February 25, 2011

thank you ernest hemingway.


“I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” -Ernest Hemingway

I imagine if Ernest Hemingway were around now and I had the opportunity to be friends with him, we'd be great friends. I think he's got the kind of sarcastic persona that I'm all about. Plus I just really love this quote because I love sleeping. I would love to be able to hibernate, no joke. Naps are the bomb. Only thing is that the kind of sleep I like is normal, none of that stay up super late and sleep in super late stuff. I like my 9-10 hours go to bed by midnight if not before sort of sleep. I already have it planned out for tonight. I'm going to bed after I brush my teeth and wash my face and do two sudoku. That might turn into more sudoku just because I'm semi-obsessed with them. But I turned down monopoly with friends tonight to go to bed and do sudoku sooo..I'm getting good sleep and waking up at like a little before 10 and making myself pancakes in the kitchen down the hall. I'm apparently a pro pancake maker. I made pancakes for some friends a couple of weekends ago and they thought they were the greatest things ever. I did put bananas in them too and introduced them to that deliciousness. 
Needless to say I'm real excited to go to sleep and hopefully dream some cool dreams and then wake up and make pancakes. I feel like life is so much more sane after I sleep all night or take a nice nap. It doesn't matter if my dreams were really wacky, like a stranger sawing our mailbox off and running down the street with it, or if I don't dream at all. I'd rather sleep, than deal with the world sometimes. Do you think we'll sleep in Heaven? Or will we never need to sleep again because life is so awesome, it's like a neverending, fabulous dream state? 

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi0oJP2PHIRA4n95G4oiINJVBLfzc9TbZkF9UDzYoVpyPxVgFMlYZ7ChFgxloXuP1HV6Mk4qP9_iA-PMY2zX-F2iUyAcnetmCNiqGTjmvygbINDMIrmopO3HB2kqLnfVym8j10pSJUWamU/s400/Sleeping-Bear.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment