Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Life is short...running makes it seem longer.

Funny, the title quote is so like me. But today, I went running and it was beautiful. I felt awesome, the weather was perfect, and I ended up running more than originally planned. I'm getting back into this whole running thing and I kind of really love it. I forgot how good it makes you feel when you finish, that you've accomplished something even if you still have a lot of homework or other things going on after it.
So I'm training to run the Bearathon, apparently Texas' hardest half marathon, in March. I am so excited now that the weather is shaping up and all that. Time is going to go by really fast and I'm afraid I won't be totally prepared. I'm hoping to run everyday and am trying to find some sort of training guide...if only I were at home and could peruse all of my old Runner's World magazines. =) We'll see how it goes. At least I have some background in running and know what I'd like to be able to do. I'm shooting for under 2:30..possibly 2 hours flat, but doubtful since I don't have a whole lot of training time and it's the hardest one in TX. Go big or go home. That's my philosophy on this. I'm going to rock this and it will be fabulous. Seriously, I'll probably want to run more halfs after this one...ha.ha.ha.
I think that's all for now. I'll update on how things are going, so look out world. =)

"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." -Sarah Condor
[I think that means don't be lazy! Even if you don't feel up to it, do it and it'll be lovely when you get done. =)]

SARAH CONDOR 

No comments:

Post a Comment