Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Praise Habit or my inconsistent ramblings

      Let me start by saying that tonight was just the kind of night I wish I could live in forever. Shoot, I bet Heaven will be like it, so I'm down with that. Anyways. So tonight was the first Wednesday back at Dwelling Place, Antioch's college youth group. I went some last semester, but life got crazy and I only ended up going like 4 times. So I'm for sure going to try to go more this semester around. Tonight was a night of just worship and it was beautiful.
      Singing songs in church is probably one of my favorite things to do, not going to lie, so tonight was awesome. I didn't even know all the songs, but God was so there. I needed this boost to start the semester with a bang, since I've been feeling kind of down and not really looking forward to many of my classes. The funny thing about tonight was that I felt like God was reminding me that, oh yeah, I should make praise an every day, every moment kind of thing and I recently [well a while ago] started reading David Crowder's book, Praise Habit, which is, well, about making praise a habit. Like times like I had tonight don't have to stop after I leave and come back to the dorm. Praising God should be continual, on-going, always.
      Making it happen is in a whole other ballpark, though. I'm not really good at following through with things I start or I get good ideas of things I'd like to do but they never come into fruition. So I guess that's something I need to work on, practical ways to make things happen. Yeah.

     Semi-completely new thought, but still kind of on my feelings about tonight. We sang this song that had lyrics "There is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain" and at one point we were encouraged to just lift our hands to God and think of those chains that need to be broken in our lives, our families' lives, our friends' lives and then we sang the chorus again with such power. It was a really cool moment. I was just reminded of a while back when I went to this thing here at Baylor called, "AfterDark" and we got these chains, well just like the link of a chain to remind us that we are bonded in Christ and all that jazz and that was a whole night of awesomeness in it self, so I won't go on.
The whole point I'm trying to get to is that God has a way of tying everything together, and tonight encompassed two aspects of my life and that was really cool and such a needed reminder and yeah.
I ramble wayyyy too much. Clearly, I just have a lot on my mind and kind of wanted to get it out there before I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment