Thursday, October 13, 2011

it smells like pumpkin spice.

or teen spirit. your choice?
but it really does smell like pumpkin spice in our apartment because we have a candle warmer now that's currently warming a pumpkin spice candle. so fall.
so by demand of my roomie, andrea, I'm supposed to blog about last night. Not sure it's really as funny when y'all weren't there to experience it, nor do I really know how to blog about it. I mean it wasn't out of the ordinary minus me staying up past 11 on a school night. Ha. I stayed up till 1:15! Studying for midterms...bleck. But it's FALL BREAK NOW! Whoo! I don't think I've ever been as pumped for no school as I was today. It was Thursday meaning I didn't have class until 2. aka history aka midterm. Since I went to bed so late last night and didn't really sleep in, I was tired and the day took forever. But it was worth it. So yeah. Yesterday...I went to church and that was fab because it was an all worship/prayer night because our pastor, Carl, was catering to the fact that it was a week of stress and midterms etc for so many. I love worship. and prayer. So yeah. Sweet Dwelling Place [that's the official name of our college Wednesday night deal]. Then I came home and buckled down, I had to finish my Social Work take home test by midnight and that ended up taking way longer than I wanted. So yeah, let's set the scene a little.
Katie, Andrea, and I are all sitting around our kitchen table with the books out, studying and listening to music. It was lovely actually. I like just hanging out, even if it was while we were studying. We made cookies midway through our studying adventure too, the kind that are holiday themed..in this case they had ghosts on them. Yay.
Staying up past my bedtime always makes me a little crazy/I didn't really enjoy studying for history so occasionally I helped Andrea and Katie study their Human Development stuff. I said a lot of ridiculous things because I was clearly not all there, as tired as I was. My personal favorite was my comment about the pumpkin spice candle that was melted...I was going to write it, but then I realized again that pretty much the fun of the whole evening was the sort of fun that requires a person to be there to actually find it funny. So really this whole post is rather pointless. No surprise there. I'll blog something more quality tomorrow when everyone's still sleeping. haha
this blog had so much potential from the title and the opening line. sorry to fail you.
good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment